If you’re in the market for fine jewelry, you’ll definitely want to make sure you’re working with the right jewelry store – and the bigger the purchase, the more important this relationship is. But how can you narrow down the choices when you’re looking for jewelers near you? Norman Hege Jewelers of Rock Hill, SC suggests asking the following five questions before you make your decision.
- What level of knowledge and experience do they have? The jewelry industry has many different credentials that jewelers can qualify for. Pay attention to these, but especially take note of the level of expertise of the store’s employees. You’ll want to work with people who know what they’re selling and can help you find the perfect piece.
- How well do they know their diamonds? Diamond jewelry is a top seller. If you’re shopping for diamond engagement rings, earrings, necklaces, or bracelets, find a jeweler who specializes in these precious gemstones. They should be able to easily explain the 4C’s of diamonds and show you the differences in the diamonds they sell. Additionally, every diamond in their shop should be properly certified by an official third-party diamond appraisal association. This is the best way to certify a diamond’s true value.
- Do they understand the different metals they sell? The metal used in fine jewelry is just as important as the stone. The best jewelers understand this and will make sure they’re selling a wide range of the finest metals, including white gold and platinum.
- Do they answer your questions? Locally owned jewelry stores are particularly good at listening to their customers and answering their questions. We want to help you find the right piece of fine jewelry so you’ll treasure it forever.
- Do you believe you can trust the jeweler? Follow your instincts. If you feel uneasy or believe the jeweler is unreliable, walk away.
Norman Hege Jewelers is one of the top jewelers near you in Rock Hill, SC. Stop by our jewelry store to explore our collection of fine jewelry or for local jewelry repair.